It had to happen and after much consternation I got going with priming the VS parts. I have absolutely zero spraying experience so this was a voyage into the unknown. I had purchased an Iwata AZ3 HTE2 Water/Solvent Spraygun from Sprayguns Direct who were very helpful. They suggested a 1.5 nozzle for use with the Stewart Systems EkoPrime and I used it undiluted. First results were good although more by luck than judgement! I applied a thin coat then after about 5 mins went back over with another coat. After 2 hours I flipped the parts over and sprayed the other side. Prep involved a scuff up with a Scotchbrite pad then a clean with EkoClean, applied EkoEtch and then washed off with distilled water. It seems to have stuck well and I’m pleased with the results. I ordered Charcoal Grey but they sent Smoke Grey, hence the light colour.
The good thing about using a water based primer is that cleaning up is easy which is a bit of luck as I managed to spray one end of the workshop with a fine coat of Smoke Grey – curtain required before next episode.